Sunday, November 21, 2010

My useless days at my dept resource centre

Finally my 4 day training in my taluk is over.  These four days (18th November to 21st November) I am at the wrong place.  I have to tolerate 4 days torture.  Since I have been in this Governament job as a teacher, I was involved forcefully by my department to number of trainings, interacting with the same, rubbish type of their procedure. 
The same method of grouping the teachers into 4 groups, giving them white paper to write their difficulties in teachings.  But, never try to clear those difficulties.  They never want to know the new techniques, methods to deal with those difficulties.  The people who came as Resource Persons were with lowest knowledge on that subject.  So, what we expect is completely opposite in experience.  Moreover, it became like a common phenomenon for trainees to see all these stupid stuff.  But many of the teachers still in the illusion that, these resource person's giving them the most acceptable, wonderful knowledge!!
Most of the teachers didnt read anything to improve their, teaching skills, so they are not at all updated, in any sense.  So, whatever comes in their way, they will accept, or they will show respect.  But I am not ignoring few, who are still expecting good from every training.
I am really fed up with these stupid, action songs by the so called RP's and so called creative(?) teachers, with lots of pronunciation, spelling mistakes, lots of mistakes in the rhyme, rhythm, concepts.  Many times, they dont know, what they are doing.  At the end, it just seems like stupid game. 
No questions on professional based knowledge, skills.  The topics at training are meant to just telling, and explaining in meaningless words with third class jokes.  I experienced many male trainees, take their own decision and do their work, without any hindrance.  Some read newspapers, some attend calls, some chew Gutka, some cut jokes, some use that 'training' to encash their works in city like attending parties, going to see someone at hospital, going to bank, filling electric bills etc.,
The logistics provided at there are really depressing.  Its really embarassing to stand in line (although the so called 'teachers' broke the rules and push over one another) and beg the server for correct distribution of food items to us.  Although trainees number may increase more than 50, the server deals with only himself, and saves money to take another assistant.  So we have to wait untill all finished their Chapathi's to expect rice.  No body cares about these things. But everybody talk about it.  Some day we get food in paper plates, some times the server purposefully misses our rice-sambar and brings tifin to workout his money and teachers just go on eating whatever comes to their way.
I am wondering that I am adjusted to such a system and becoming a part of it.  In now way, you expect good from these centres.  I asked for a book, which was in the showcase of the Resource Centre(!).  I asked four persons including the head of the centre, but no use!  Nobody interested to help me in this regard.  The books in the showcase are meant to hold the dust, rather to be in reading hands.  My mind becomes very irritative thinking about these nonsense training system from eight years and many times I think to quite this stupid job to make myself feel good.

1 comment:

  1. You have expressed your feelings about the training system in our department. Your views are correct. This is not a stupid job. The persons in this department are stupids. If you get a better job, do quit. But, this department needs people like you. Don't run. Don't escape.

    ReplyDelete